While in Phoenix, I bought a Christopher Moore novel. I thoughtI had read one book by him (God is My Broker -- but that was actually by Christopher Buckley). Practical Demonkeeping was entertaining throughout. It wasn’t killer funny (not in the way that Christopher Buckley can be), but it had a story that kept my interest. Back in Atlanta, I purchased and read Coyote Blue. Mid-way through, I thought it the better of the two books. But the author’s hatred of Christianity was jarring towards the end. Moore is firmly in the camp that everything that whites do, and everything that Christians do, is bad. I ended up tossing the book when I was done, and I have no plans to read another.
Sunday, May 27, 2007
A Book Review
While in Phoenix, I bought a Christopher Moore novel. I thoughtI had read one book by him (God is My Broker -- but that was actually by Christopher Buckley). Practical Demonkeeping was entertaining throughout. It wasn’t killer funny (not in the way that Christopher Buckley can be), but it had a story that kept my interest. Back in Atlanta, I purchased and read Coyote Blue. Mid-way through, I thought it the better of the two books. But the author’s hatred of Christianity was jarring towards the end. Moore is firmly in the camp that everything that whites do, and everything that Christians do, is bad. I ended up tossing the book when I was done, and I have no plans to read another.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment